Pages

Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Manga Review: Yona of the Dawn, Volume 7, by Mizuho Kusanagi


Rating (Out of 5): ~4
Publisher: Shojo Beat (VIZ Media)
Release Date: August 1, 2017
Volumes: 25+
Spoilers?: No.
Volume: 1. 6. 8.

Goodreads Synopsis:

A red-haired princess loses her family and her kingdom Now she must rise and fight for her throne!
Princess Yona lives an ideal life as the only princess of her kingdom. Doted on by her father, the king, and protected by her faithful guard Hak, she cherishes the time spent with the man she loves, Su-won. But everything changes on her 16th birthday when tragedy strikes her family!
In order to free the port town of Awa from an evil tyrant, Yona and her friends team up with Jaeha, the Green Dragon, and his fellow pirates. While Hak and the others are fighting on other ships, Yona and Yun infiltrate a human-trafficking operation! When the enemy closes in and things look dire, what will Yona do?"

Review:

We end the pirate plot in this volume—they take down the slave-trafficking ships, Yona takes a stand, and then they all celebrate. Then they have to say goodbye, and it's a sad parting for all of them. After all of that commotion, we get a surprise visit from Suwon. I saw this in the anime, so I knew it was coming. I think it hit me harder in the manga, given Yona's reaction and her inner thoughts while hiding. But, I am rather confused by Suwon's reaction, and what his intentions are in the future. I'm just not sure about him. Though, at this point, I still don't think I like him, in general.
And then Yona and her five companions are off, in search of the last dragon. That will be left to the next volume, though, because this one ends with a little comedic reprieve. Yun finds a scale of the white dragon being sold as a love charm, and it causes quite hilarity and adorableness.
I'm glad that after this, we get mostly new stuff after the anime. I'm really looking forward to meeting the last dragon, and to see what happens after that. I love this series, and cannot wait for more.
(Wouldn't it be amazing if these were monthly releases?)

No comments:

Post a Comment