Pages

Friday, September 29, 2017

Manga Review: So Cute It Hurts!!, Volume 13, by Go Ikeyamada


Rating (Out of 5): ~3
Publisher: Shojo Beat (VIZ Media)
Release Date: June 2017
Volumes: 15.
Spoilers?: Some/Yes.
Volume: 1. 12. 14.

Goodreads Synopsis:

The Kobayashi twins discover that cross-dressing as each other leads to trouble and true love!

The Kobayashi twins, Megumu and Mitsuru, were named after historical figures, but only Megumu has grown up with a taste for history. So when Mitsuru is in danger of losing his weekends to extra history classes, he convinces his sister to swap clothes with him and ace his tests! After all, how hard can it be for them to play each other?

Having a long-distance relationship isn’t the easiest thing for Megumu and Aoi, but after a romantic evening and a standoff with her parents, their relationship is stronger than ever. And now that Mitsuru finally has a life goal (to beat Azusa’s other fiancĂ© in the national pre-exams and win her hand), he’s pouring all his fierce energy into securing their future. But despite how promising their lives seem, the twins are having ominous dreams. Are the nightmares just a symptom of stress, or is something more prophetic going on…?

Review:

We see the conclusion to when Megumu and Aoi have sex. They also get to declare their intentions to marry. On the other side of the story, we see the results from Mitsuru's tests, and the result of Azusa deciding to stand up to her father on his terms. Azusa's decision makes sense to me, though I still don't really care about them.
In the latter half of the volume, we get a real life event. I was a little surprised by the decision to include the tsunami, and at first I was bothered by it. But reading the authors' reasoning at the end of the volume, I'm okay with it. I'm wondering where it's heading next, though I can't really imagine a sad ending for this series.
I really don't care for this series at this point. I don't care for the humor, and all the jumping to marriage plots drive me crazy. It's cheesy and dumb, even. But the twist at the end has me a little curious.
Either way, it looks like I'll be sticking around to the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment