Pages

Monday, March 5, 2018

Manga Review: Waiting for Spring, Volume 3, by Anashin


Rating (Out of 5): ~4
Publisher: Kodansha Comics
Release Date: November 2017
Volumes: 8+
Spoilers?: No.
Volume: 1. 2. 4.

Goodreads Synopsis:

COURTING ON THE COURT Mitsuki overcomes some hiccups in her friendship with Towa, and the two grow even closer! But before Mitsuki can celebrate, her old friend Aya is on the offense, vying for her attention. Mitsuki meets a new rival as well, and every day is as busy as every play. Meanwhile, with the Inter-High prelims just around the corner, Towa and his team must train hard to go up against the prestigious Hōjō High School’s star-player: Aya!

Review:

I don't understand how it's still so early in this series. It feels like I've read way more than three volumes, and I'm already pretty much in love with it. I keep thinking I'm further in the series than this.
I feel like we're really starting to get to know the side characters. The boys are all becoming more unique and interesting, and I enjoy their guy friendship. Reina is still a good girl friend to Mitsuki and adds some fun BL humor. We're getting more of a feel of Aya, though I don't particularly care for him.
Aya is definitely pushing things on between Mitsuki and Asakura. Aya keeps challenging Asakura, as he's clearly his only other competition for Mitsuki. I like how Mitsuki handles it in this volume. She still freaks out a little bit, but she also doesn't let them just compete it out between men, and I appreciated that. How Asakura goes along with it as well is nice. Then later, Mitsuki makes a new girl friend at school, though it's likely there could be more drama there later.
Even though this series is technically still getting started, I'm hooked. The budding romance between Mitsuki and Asakura just gets to me, and I love it already. I can't wait to read the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment