Pages

Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Manga Review: Nisekoi: False Love, Volume 25, by Naoshi Komi


Rating (Out of 5): ~4
Publisher: Shonen Jump (VIZ Media)
Release Date: January 2018
Volumes: 25.
Spoilers?: Yes, to the girl chosen.
Volume: 1. 24.

Goodreads Synopsis:

Love triangle! Comedic antics!! Gang warfare?!

Love triangle! Comedic antics!! Gang warfare?! You won’t want to miss out on Shonen Jump's laugh-out-loud feel-good manga series! It's hate at first sight when Raku Ichijo first meets Chitoge Kirisaki. But much to their chagrin, the two are forced into a false love relationship to keep the peace between their feuding gangster families.

When Chitoge heads to Tenku Meadowland, Raku, Kosaki, Marika, and Tsugumi all show up to look for her. Little by little, they begin to remember the past… Will they finally get to the bottom of the mysterious promise? Whose love will become real in the end between Raku, Kosaki, and Chitoge?

Review:

And so it all draws to a close.
I think it was pretty obvious who was going to win, who Raku was going to end up with. And it was who I wanted, so I'm happy with that. I'm also glad that it wasn't such a cookie-cutter ending, either—that the girl who had the key, and who Raku liked from the beginning and as a little kid, wasn't who he chose for himself later. Those two waited so long, that I think it was more an ideal than an actual possibility, and instead Chitoge moved her way in.
I'm happy with the way everything wrapped up with the rest of the characters, as well. Ruri and Shu finally cleared things up, and there was finally a misunderstanding cleared between Tsugumi and Claude. We get to see what really happened when they were all kids, and it honestly makes a lot of sense. The friendship between the girls, and particularly Chitoge and Kosaki, really shine here.
I will admit that the only thing about the ending that makes no sense to me, is how long Raku and Chitoge apparently wait. I understand it was long distance, but given how much time has passed, I don't think they should be so embarrassed with each other still.
Aside from that, I'm really happy with the ending. This was a very long, but fun series. A very good harem, with a likable main guy character; I love most of the girls, and I really appreciated their friendship with each other—it was almost more important, honestly.


A review copy was provided by the publisher, VIZ Media, for an honest review. Thank you so, so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment